TMBA’s Certified Mortgage Leader course has been developed by industry leaders with the goal of expanding your mortgage skill set and broadening your professional horizon as a leader in the Texas mortgage industry. With over 40 graduates in the past two years this class is making an impact in Texas, and can provide you with the skills needed to move forward.
There are four modules and a yearlong class project as part of the program, with Module One focusing on leadership and held at the Naveen Jindal School of Management at the University of Texas, Dallas. Additional modules will be conducted from September thru April during TMBA events, including the Mortgage Symposium, Southern Secondary Market Conference, TMBA Advocacy Day and the 107th Annual Convention. These modules will provide a detailed look at all aspects of mortgage industry management with an emphasis on managing financials, while also expanding your knowledge on legislative advocacy and board governance.
Who Should Apply
Participants in this class will:
- Learn leadership behaviors and teamwork skills
- Learn about legislative, advocacy and regulatory processes
- Learn about board governance and ethics
- Have the opportunity to develop a project with a group
- Have the opportunity to attend and participate in three of the largest mortgage banking conferences in Texas
- Be a member of TMBA
Must be a member of TMBA
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying contact the TMBA office. You can download and complete the Certified Mortgage Leader application and return to the TMBA office no later than August 15th, 2022.
TMBA / Certified Mortgage Leader
1701 Directors Boulevard, Suite 240
Austin, Texas 78744
Judy Belanger Helping Others Fund
The Judy Belanger Helping Others Fund was established in honor of Judy’s 34 years of service as the Co-Founder and President of Cornerstone Home Lending, and the kindness she shared with everyone she met. Judy’s legacy of helping others continues to live on through annual scholarships for the Certified Mortgage Leader Program.
For more details, see the Judy Belanger Helping Others Fund application page here.
TMBA Endowment Scholarship
This scholarships is awarded to individual TMBA members who wish to apply it towards their Certified Mortgage Leader tuition costs. If chosen, your scholarship can be applied for either the next upcoming CML class, before it starts, or retroactively if you are a graduate of the current year’s class.
For more details, please review the TMBA Endowment Scholarship Packet.
Curriculum | Schedule
- Module One will take place September 12-13, 2022 on the campus of the Naveen Jindal School of Management at the University of Texas, Dallas in Richardson, Texas. The curriculum will be the UT Dallas School of Management's two-day Leadership Institute program. Teams will be assigned at this time and those teams will be together throughout the program. Teams will also be assigned a project that they will work on throughout the program and presented at the 107th Annual Convention in 2023.
- Module Two will take place at the 5th Annual Mortgage Symposium November 7-8, 2022, at the Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel, Plano, Texas. Teams will be given time to work on their projects and then students will attend the Mortgage Symposium.
- Module Three takes place at the Southern Secondary Market Conference, February 6-7, 2023 at the Westin Memorial City Hotel, Houston, TX. Students will participate in a TMBA governance workshop and will be invited to attend the TMBA Winter Board meeting. Students will also learn about the legislative and regulatory process and TMBA advocacy efforts, TMBA Advocacy Day March 20-21, 2023 at the Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX. Then students will attend the Secondary Conference.
- Students will attend TMBA Advocacy Day March 20-21, 2023 at the Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX.
- Module Four takes place at TMBA’s 107th Annual Convention April 30 - May 2, 2023 at the Hyatt Hill Country Spa and Resort, San Antonio, TX. Team presentations will be given to a panel of judges. Following a vote by the panel the winning team will be announced and recognized during the business meeting and lunch at the 107th Annual Convention and receive an invitation to the Summer board meeting (at their expense for registration, lodging and travel).
2021-2022 Class of Certified Mortgage Leaders
*2022 Class Project Winning Team.
Republic State Mortgage Company
Badger Law, PLLC
BKM Sowan Horan, LLP
Polunsky Beitel Green, LLP
San Antonio, TX
SecurityNational Mortgage Company
Cornerstone Home Lending
Happy State Bank
Ft. Worth, TX
Pamela Eastwold Tashman
Cornerstone Home Lending, Inc.
Firstline Compliance, LLC
Flower Mound, TX
Network Funding, LP
Thrive Mortgage, LLC
Robertson Anschutz Vetters, LLC
The Woodlands, TX
AML Funding, LLC dba Absolute Mortgage Lending
Polunsky Beitel Green, LLP
Black, Mann and Graham, LLP
Round Rock, TX
*Erin R. Simmons
Certainty Home Loans
Regina Uhl, CMB
Sandler Law Group
Class of 2019-2020